Note to All Presenters
- The published order of the papers in the conference programme will be strictly followed (i.e. changing the order presentations will not be allowed).
- Session Chairs will be asked to enforce the duration of presentations.
Additional Information for
Special sessions will be organised by the session organisers and will typically consist of a number of presentations followed by an extended panel discussion.
It is strongly recommended that at least 30 minutes of the session is reserved for questions and discussion. Questions should be saved until the end of the session so that all speakers are able to engage and offer their insight.
Session chairs should prepare provocative questions in advance to maximise audience participation.
Accepted papers will be presented on each day of the conference (19-22 June) in parallel sessions grouped by subject topics. Authors of accepted papers should be aware that they, or a delegate notified and approved by the conference organizers, are expected to present the paper in person at the conference, in order for their paper to be included in the conference proceedings and uploaded to IEEE Xplore.
Oral presentations are scheduled in the mornings (except on 19th) and in the afternoons, in time slots of 1 hour and 40 minutes, as detailed in the conference programme. Five parallel themed Special Sessions or Oral Sessions will be hosted in each of the time slots, with 5 or 6 papers presented in each session.
Each presenter will have 12 minutes for their oral presentation followed by 4-5 minutes for clarifying questions from the audience and presenter change-over. Timings will be strictly enforced.
The published order of the papers in the conference programme will be strictly followed (i.e. changing the order of presentations will not be allowed). In unlikely case of missing presentations, a discussion related to previous presentation should be extended, or a short break given. This will ensure that papers in parallel sessions follow the planned schedule and it is possible for the audience to catch all desired presentations.
No template is provided and presenters are encouraged to optimize their presentations for a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Only Microsoft Power Point (ppt/pptx) or PDF files will be accepted. Mac users should be advised that the display computers will be Windows and are strongly encouraged to check compatibility (including font and slide layout) before presentation.
Prior the Session
- Presenters are asked to determine their scheduled slot for presentation in the conference programme.
- Presenters must attend their scheduled session 15 minutes prior to the start of the session to upload their presentation to the conference computer. To ensure the smooth running of sessions with minimal delays, all presentations must be uploaded. It will not be possible to present from your own laptop. Further information regarding the room facilities are detailed here.
- Presenters are asked to contact their Session Chair before the session if they have any questions. Session chairs will be detailed in the programme once finalized.
During the Session
- Each accepted paper must be presented at the scheduled time. Absence of the presenter will be taken as NO-SHOW by the Session Chair and the paper manuscript will be excluded from IEEE Xplore upload.
- Please keep strictly to the time limit given (12 minutes per presentation), this will be strictly enforced.
The poster tours form a key part of the conference programme and are scheduled without other presentations in parallel to ensure maximum delegate participation. Posters will be presented on each day of the conference (19-22 June) with tours in the afternoons, from 15:30 to 16:50. Four parallel themed Poster Tours will be hosted during these sessions in each of the days, with up to 19 posters presented in each of the tours.
The allowed formats to plot the poster are: A0 portrait: 84.1 cm x 118.9 cm (33.1 inch x 46.8 inch), and A1: 59.4 cm x 84.1 (23.4 inch x 33.1 inch). The poster boards will not be able to accommodate posters wider than this (so do not bring A0 landscape). Other formats will not be accepted.
A full poster is required. Printouts of presentation slides will not be displayed and will not be counted as presented. The corresponding paper manuscript will be excluded from the IEEE Xplore upload.
The absence of a presenter during the specified poster tour will be taken as NO-SHOW by the Session Chair and the corresponding paper manuscript will be excluded from the IEEE Xplore upload.
Presenters are asked to contact their Session Chair before the session if they have any questions. Session chairs will be detailed in the programme once finalized.
If transporting your poster is an issue, poster printing is possible locally at MuPrint which is located approximately 5-10 minutes’ walk from the conference venue. They are able to offer same-day printing of posters in the desired formats. Please note that the conference is unable to arrange poster printing or collection for presenters.
Prior the Session
- Presenters should display their posters at the start of the day of their poster tour on arrival at the conference venue. Suitable materials and volunteers will be on hand to help you.
- Each poster board will be labelled with the number of the corresponding poster tour and poster contributions: e.g., PT01.01, PT01.02, etc. Presenters are asked to look for their number in the conference programme.
- Presenters are welcome to attend their posters during the coffee breaks and lunch sessions in order to field questions from interested delegates. Note that this is not compulsory. Only presentation during the allocated poster tour is compulsory.
During the Session
- Poster tours will be led by one or two Session Chairs, who will introduce the presenters and their topic.
- Presenters are required to be in the session room at their poster location during the entire poster session. After the Session Chair’s introduction, presenters have up to 3 minutes to present their work. This will be followed by a brief Q&A.
After the Session
- Presenters are required to remove their posters after the session has ended.