IEEE PES PowerTech Manchester 2017!
On behalf of the IEEE PowerTech International Steering Committee and the Local Organizing Committee I cordially invite you to attend the 12th edition of the IEEE Power and Energy Society PowerTech Conference, PowerTech Manchester 2017. The conference is co-sponsored by the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) and hosted by the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of The University of Manchester in Manchester, United Kingdom.
PowerTech is the IEEE PES anchor conference in Europe for researchers and engineering professionals working in various areas of electrical power and energy engineering and ICT and is typically attended by several hundred delegates from around the world. It will be an international forum for individuals, both in industry and academia, to network, exchange ideas, and discuss the results of their research and development work.
PowerTech Manchester 2017 will continue the tradition of past PowerTech conferences held in Athens (1993), Stockholm (1995), Budapest (1999), Porto (2001), Bologna (2003), St. Petersburg (2005), Lausanne (2007), Bucharest (2009), Trondheim (2011), Grenoble (2013) and Eindhoven (2015). The conference will be the largest gathering of international researchers and practitioners working in the general area of electrical power engineering outside the USA in 2017 and possibly the largest such conference ever held in the UK. We expect to receive delegates from across the world and we are confident that it will be a truly global exchange of the latest research ideas and industrial practices.
In addition to standard conference papers, the selection of the latest accepted but not yet published papers from the IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Power Delivery, Energy Conversion, Smart Grids and Sustainable Energy will be also presented. The conference will also include a number of tutorials, industrial and academic panel sessions, and panel sessions dedicated to major EU FP7 and H2020 funded research projects. A number of leading international academics and practitioners will give plenary talks about the state of the art and latest research and industrial trends in various areas of electrical power and energy engineering and ICT.
Manchester is the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and developed from the first industrialised city in the world in early 19th century (often dubbed as “Cottonopolis” and “Warehouse City” in Victorian era) and the city with the world’s first planned industrial estate created at Trafford Park in 1986 to become the second most populous urban area in the United Kingdom today with rapidly growing culture, media, music, sports and transport connections enjoyed by 2.55 million people. By taking part in PowerTech Manchester 2017 you will contribute to the long history of Manchester, leading the way in industrial development, this time Towards and Beyond Sustainable Energy Systems.
I am very much looking forward to meeting you in Manchester in June 18-22, 2017.
Conference Main Topics
Integration of Low Carbon Technologies
- Modelling, network integration, and aggregation of distributed energy sources
- Energy storage technologies and applications
- Microgrids and Virtual power plants
- Modelling and deployment of plug-in electric vehicles and low-carbon transportation
- Smart cities and smart buildings
System Operation and Planning
- Reliability and implications of smart grids for asset management
- Power quality and electromagnetic compatibility
- Modelling, analysis and operation of mixed AC-DC power systems
- Market design, pricing and energy policy
- Generation and Demand forecasting, modelling and management
- Modelling and analysis of multi-energy systems
- Advances in power system planning
System Control and Protection
- Modelling, control and Security of Critical Infrastructure Systems
- Wide area monitoring, protection and control – WAMPAC
- Intelligent monitoring and outage management – self healing grids
- Modelling, application, control and integration of Power electronics devices
- Stability analysis of future networks
Communications, Sensors and Data
- Sensors, communication networks and advanced metering infrastructure
- Cyber and physical security systems and data acquisition, processing and management
- State estimation and situational awareness
- Data analytics and data visualization
Professor Jovica V Milanović
General Chair, IEEE PES PowerTech Manchester 2017